Tim Chown wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:03:44AM +0200, EricLKlein wrote:
> >
> > The list of IPv6 plus NAT is over 140 documents long, with many of them
> > being proposed in the last 5 days. The look up list I ran is:

http://search.ietf.org/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=htdig&restrict=http%3A%2F%2Fw

ww.ietf.org%2Finternet-drafts%2F&exclude=&matchesperpage=50&method=and&forma
> > t=builtin-long&sort=time&words=%2Bnat+%2BIPv6
>
> So I google for "green cow" and get a million hits... but there are very
> few green cows out there...
>
> People will use IPv6 with NAT, but then they may as well stick with
IPv4+NAT.

This may be true, but no one is proposing green cow become an IETF standard.
The list I provided is recently proposed IETF drafts on when and how to use
NAT with IPv6.

If there are this many new drafts coming out in November 2003, even with a
WG decision to not do NAT IPv6 then there should be a big red flag that
there is a disconnect between what this WG says and what others are doing.

Eric