>>> 1) The description field for the ipAddressEntry object is simply
>>> ridiculously short:
>>> "inet addr entry"

Shawn> As the editor I thought the description for the table object
Shawn> (ipAddressTable) covered the entry object as well and therefore
Shawn> repeating the same text would not be useful. Do you think there
Shawn> is something else that should be added to the description of
Shawn> the entry that isn't in the description of the table?

"Internet address entry" would have been better.  As is, it just
appears as if the author was in a huge hurry.  Have about: "An address
mapping for a particular interface."?

>>> 2) Was there every discussion about making this table writable?
>> I don't recall this specific topic being discussed.

Shawn> As with Brian I don't recall this specific topic being
Shawn> discussed.

Well, then my next question would then be: Is it too late to do this?
It would basically just mean:

1) making ipAddressIfIndex, ipAddressType, & ipAddressPrefix
   MAX-ACCESS clauses read "read-create".

2) Adding a new column: "ipAddressRowStatus" of type RowStatus.

3) Maybe changing the conformance statements to allow the
   optionality of the writable aspect of it.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta