Ralph,

This simplification and use of language looks good.

As an aside:

There is a minor discrepancy in text between 2461 and 2462 that could
perhaps be clarified in the -bis work for those texts.   This is regarding
the M flag referring to addresses and other options, or just addresses.
Three parts of the texts have different nuances:

a) 2461 section 4.2 says M flag means hosts use the stateful protocol
   for address assigment, and O flag means hosts used the stateful protocol
   for other (non-address) information.

b) Then in 2462 it says in Section 4 (p.9) and Section 5.2 (p.11) again
   that a "managed address configuration" flag indicates whether hosts should
   use stateful autoconfiguration to obtain addresses and an "other stateful
   configuration" flag indicates whether hosts should use stateful
   autoconfiguration to obtain additional information (excluding addresses).

c) But then in 5.5.3 of 2462 the RA processing text states what I expect
   most (all?) implementations actually do:  "If the value of ManagedFlag
   changes from FALSE to TRUE ...  the host should invoke the stateful address
   autoconfiguration protocol, requesting both address information and other
   information." (i.e. for both information)

So the question is should the wording of (a) and (b) be changed to reflect
the processing text of (c)?  On their own, (a) and (b) suggest that to get
the behaviour of (c) *both* the M and O bits should be set, but (c) states
that only the M bit need be set for full stateful autoconfiguration.

Tim