>    Values of T that are higher than 20-30 might break legitimate
>    functionality that requires timely delivery of ICMPv6 error
>    messages (e.g., traceroute), while smaller values might cause
>    saturation of slow links.

The text definitely looks better than mine. I will use the above
text.

> I'm also not entirely sure about your cautions regarding "a global
> value of F per node"; the text of f.2 says: "limiting the
> rate at which
> error messages are sent from a particular interface to some fraction
> F of the attached link's bandwidth" - it doesn't say anything about
> a global value of F for the node.

The line "The limit parameters (e.g., T, F, B and N in the above examples)
MUST be configurable for the node." implies that F is configured as a
global value for the node. What I wanted to point out was that if the admin
was allowed to configure the value of F per interface, we will not have
the scalability problem that Pekka had pointed out. (we will still have
the problem in asymmetric path topology that you described).

I would be happy to put any text that will describe the limitations of the
bandwidth-based method in a better way ?

Regards
Mukesh