Pekka Savola wrote:

> Designing for this kind of "vastly different capacities in
> each direction" just don't seem to be worth considering here.

I have to disagree; I believe there is a clear need to design
for diverse link bandwidths to support near-term deployments
and to foster future innovation.

10Kbps seems the best value for LCD, given commonly-deployed
links that will see continued use into the future (see BCP
documents produced by the PILC working group). 10Kbps also
provides the useful characteristic that it is the bandwidth
required to realize a 1 second delay budget for transmitting
a 1280 byte packet.

Would be interested to hear other opinions on this.

Fred L. Templin