Hi,

i have a question about code 5 error: would the ICMP error message contain
the suggested source address (or prefix that has to containe the source
address)

I mean, in the case that the packet is discarded becuase the source address
is not compatible with the ingress filtering, the router that discards the
packets probably knows which are the accepted prefixes, so it would be
interesting to use the message error to inform the host about the correct
prefix to use for this particular destination.

Have you considered something about this?

thanks, marcelo