> Given my point above, I would argue that we shouldn't add a delay to
> MLD messages.

So, do you have any opinion among the options I raised in this thread?

1. no change in rfc2462bis (expecting MLDv1 and/or MLDv2 will
   eventually be updated with a random delay)
2. the original proposal of mine (expecting MLDv1 and/or MLDv2 will
   eventually be updated with a random delay):
   impose a random delay even for the first NS after the corresponding
   MLD when the sending node knows there is no delay for the MLD.
3. Greg's suggestion:
   require a random delay before the first MLD (in rfc2462bis).

(including "4. none of above").

Apparently you'd reject option 3 from your point.  I also know that
you are NOT expecting MLDv1/v2 will be updated with a random delay,
even if you prefer option 1 or 2 itself.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.