On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 08:27:04AM -0800, Alain Durand wrote:

> Bill,
>
> This is exactly what the local addr draft is all about with the current
> text that makes
> allocation permanent.
>
> As a side note, the document talks about allocations, not delegations.
>
>       - Alain.

OK, but I think we can have some statement to say that there is a tradeoff
when you reuse previous temporary allocations because such reuse may lead
to ambiguity.   With 1,000 billion /48's available under a /8 you have a
lot of capacity before you need to re-allocate.   You could say that "returns"
should not be reused until those 1,000 billion /48's have been allocated
from under the FC00::/8 prefix?  (Though that would be a kind of excuse for
sites to not pay recurrent registration fees :)

Tim