In your previous mail you wrote:

   Sorry to respond to my own e-mail.

=> our keyboards have large enter keys, and often more than one (:-).

   But I wanted to clarify one thing.
   Manual recovery is fixing the problem, like reconfiguring the address.

=> and in some cases (*all* the real cases I saw in fact) it was the
only way to fix the problem.

   The recovery that optimistic DAD provides is however different. It
   just corrects a temporary disruption that the optimistic assumption
   may have caused. Whether you have DAD or optimistic DAD running at
   the bottom is insignificant to the network manager, iff optimistic DAD
   detects collisions reliably.

=> you make a hidden and wrong assumption on the real source of
the problem...

Regards