On 2004-02-27, Greg Daley wrote:
> Nick 'Sharkey' Moore wrote:
> >
> >   - When configuring a global unicast address, the link-local
> >     address with the same suffix as that address MUST be configured
> >     and tested for uniqueness in order to maintain interoperability
> >     with RFC2462 behaviour.
>
> I think that configuring additional addresses which
> don't match the prefix used to generate the suffix in
> the CGA is going to cause problems.

Good point.  However, the MN registering A::X only needs to
defend the LL::X against DIID-compatible nodes.
I think we can assume that SEND-CGA nodes will follow the
_new_ DAD standard. So the unsecured defensive NA should be okay,
since it won't be needed against SEND-CGA nodes.

... I think.  Any SENDites want to comment?

NB:  Is there a plan for 3041bis?  It's rather bound up with
DIID too.

cheers,
-----Nick