> Jinmei - I mistyped and you guessed what I had intended to ask.  Good catch
> and thanks for the clarification.

> Can anyone supply a direct reference to an explicit statement that "a DS
> spec cannot have a normative reference to a PS spec."?

I've not seen any responses yet...I guess we could deal with the
original issue with leaving this open, but it's still very helpful to
clarify this point to make a realistic decision.

If no one can give a concrete pointer, I'll assume "a DS spec cannot
have a normative reference to a PS spec" for safety.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.