> Should we strengthen the language on this in 2461bis?
> There is already a recommendation that routers should
> check other RAs for consistency, but I don't think
> it says anything about advertising the same prefixes.
> Perhaps we can add that as a "RECOMMEND".

RFC 2461 explicitly doesn't require checking the set of prefixes (but
it does say to check that the lifetimes on a prefix which both routers
advertise are consistent, etc).
*If* we are going to change this, I don't think it should be a subtle
setence in 2461bis; I think it should be a standalone RFC so
that operators and implementors pay attention.
If we do that, making 2461bis have the same message makes sense.

Perhaps writing up a draft for v6ops would be a good start.
Pointing out that the current flexibility (of different prefixes
advertised by different routers) doesn't have any operational use, but
allowing hosts, for Nemo and multihoming reasons, to tell when
there are source address constraints might have some use.

  Erik