Hi Hesham:

In case that helps, we've found practical in some experimentations to
allow a MR to autoconf addresses on its ingress interfaces, and install
the associated connected routes. Note that if a MR listens to itself
from a different interface, it will not install the prefix.

Anyway, once the router has installed autoconf'ed address, the result is
that source addresses are always topologically correct. But of course
there comes a new set of problems:
- potential attacks by rogue routers
- redistribution: if such a connected route is redistributed over MIP
explicit prefix, then an attack may be propagated. If not, then ingress
filtering at the HA will discard the packet.
- multiple ingress interfaces Xconnected via wireless. Only one installs
the connected route so the trick fails for other interfaces.

Note that Nemo is a bit unclear about that ingress filtering at HA and I
proposed some text recently that's not in draft 02.

Pascal

Soliman Hesham
> Sent: jeudi 11 mars 2004 08:08
> To: Jari Arkko; Tim Chown; Mattias Pettersson L (KI/EAB)
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Multiple DRs on a link
>

>  > Right. In addition, the SEND WG had an issue about this as well,
when
>  > they debated the semantics of prefixes in router certificates.
(They
>  > decided to stick with the IPv6 RA semantics. That is, SEND hopes
>  > someone else, maybe multi6, will make it clearer what the rules
are.)
>  >
>  > I have also seen the RFC 3484 rules, and I agree with others that
>  > they are somewhat vague. In any case, multi6 is already discussing
>  > this so eventually there will be a spec that will guide us.
However,