> Thus spake "Christian Huitema" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > In her review of "draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-03.txt", Margaret
> > raises an excellent point:
> >
> > > (1) This draft doesn't mention the reverse DNS tree.  Is it expected
> > >       that whatever registry assigns these values will also populate the
> > >       reverse DNS tree?  Or not?
> >
> > The registration process could conceivably populate the reverse DNS
> > tree, but that would only be a partial solution: the draft also defines
> > random prefixes that don't need to be registered. Also, there is no
> > requirement that the networks numbered with these unique local addresses
> > be accessible to DNS resolvers on the Internet.
>
> At a minimum, being present in the global DNS should be at the option of the
> allocatee.  Until a viable solution is found for non-registered prefixes,
> this might be given as an advantage of using a registered prefix.

        Well non-registered addresses are not guarenteed to be
        unique.  We should be recommending that *every* recursive
        nameserver, not just where locals addresses are in use, be
        configured with a empty zone (SOA and NS only) for the /8.
        This will prevent the root and ip6.arpa servers having to
        deal with all the requests that would otherwise come to them.

        If a non-unique local addresses are in use it can have delegations
        in this zone.