> > => I think it's a bad signal, _if_ detected. I.e. An average
 > > user is not even going to know that they have 100% link
 > > utilisation. And _if_ they do, I actually think that neither
 > > the user, nor the help desk first line of support will
 > > have the faintest idea (having been a regular with help
 > > desk people that work for a couple of major operators
 > > in different countries).
 >
 > The user knows that all of his communication attempts fail.
 > That's a
 > good signal that there's something wrong.  If the user knows nothing
 > more of this, he calls helpdesk or some support, which may
 > be able to
 > identify the problem and eliminate it.

=> "may" is the key word. I basically don't believe it.
I think it'll be problematic enough to be always disabled.

 > Maybe the shop knows something about how the device operates -- they
 > certainly should! --

=> Maybe shops in your vicinity employ technicians to sell
this stuff but I certainly _never_ saw a shop assistant
who knows anymore than the text on the box.

  or you read documentation, which should
 > certainly
 > describe this feature.

=> I don't think you understant what an "average user"
means. It means, get the box, plug it in, it works!
I know people that struggle with connecting a DVD to
the TV....let's be realistic.

 > For the average user, it doesn't have to be more intuitive than that,
 > right?  He only cares whether it works or not.  In the first place
 > 99.9% of people wouldn't be plugging these boxes in
 > triangles

=> I disagree with making assumptions about what deployment
scenarios will be like in the next 5-7 years. Thus, I
disagree with your premise about 99.9 % of scenarios.

Hesham