On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Ole Troan wrote:
> I see two alternatives:
>
>  1. ND proxy. Limited to single router, proxy from uplink to
>     downlink. No need for loop detection.
>
>  2. Multilink subnet routing. Handles arbitrary topologies. Must
>     handle loops.

You cannot restrict (in protocol) that two boxes would not be
deployed -- so what is the technical background to option 1)?

Actually that's pretty close to what I'm saying: recommend against
deploying more than one box (or even forbid it completely), but if the
user deploys two boxes in any case, this would still work just as long
as you don't build topologies in which routing loops would exist.
I don't see that happening in the home networks.