Alain:

And, if hosts just run DHCPv6 anyway, it makes the job of the rogue server
user even easier - since it need not even bother to generate RAs. So,
security is no better or worse. It may even be slightly better if they need
to generate the RAs since a) it is more work (especially if SEND is used)
and b) there's a chance that this fact can be discovered if a network is
monitoring RAs to make sure only "legal" ones are generated.

>Why is is not good for IPv6?

Why have hosts needless generate periodic DHCP traffic when there is no DHCP
server present? True that in DHCPv6 the impact is much more minor as
multicasting is used (in DHCPv4 all hosts on the network receive the packets
because they are broadcast), but it still seems better to me to avoid
unnecessary traffic.

You can certainly have hosts that always run DHCPv6, or at least policy
settings that would allow it on a host.

- Bernie