Mohacsi Janos;

> I think it is very useful. The DHCP is very heavy in some environment.

ND is very heavy in some MIPv6 environment.

Note that I am no DHCP lover and I know DHCP suffer from WLAN.

> Sorry Masataka, but you are mixing autoconfiguraiton and neighbor
> discovery.

Say it to Bob Hinden and others who wrote things like

   3.1.1 Neighbor Discovery Extension - DNS Server Option

in the DNS autoconfiguration draft.

>>If we concentrate on Ethernet and address resolution, there is
>>no reason not to use ARP.

> There is a reason to use ND e.g. on point to point to links you can use
> ND, while ARP is useless.

ARP is working just fine over point to point Ethernet, though
point to point links do not need any MAC address, in which
case both ARP and ND are unnecessary and useless for address
resolution.

So?

Or, are you saying ND over point to point links are useful for
autoconfiguration?

                                                Masataka Ohta