This issue was discussed on the list and in the
last meeting.

There were two sub issues:

1. How does a host configure an address?
2. Inconsistency with ADDRARCH

We agreed that (1) is out of scope for 2461bis
and is more relevant for address configuration
mechanisms.

(2) was discussed in the meeting and we agreed
to reflect in the draft that since some prefixes may not
be 64 bits (ones starting with 000) then the prefix
length field is ok to allow for variable length prefixes.

I'll add text in the new version to reflect (2).

If there are no objections to the above I intend
to close this issue.

Hesham

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.