In your previous mail you wrote:

   > => Linux is not conform too but the issue is more about REUSEADDR semantic.
   I beleive it IS. Tell me if you find anything it is not conforming to.

=> there were many messages about REUSEADDR & IPv4 vs IPv6 in the mailing
list some years ago, including some test programs. Current (at this time)
Linux kernels were not compliant to the unwritten REUSEADDR spec...
By the way the whole issue was discovered by BIND people on Linux.

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS: Stevens' books include an usable definition of the REUSEADDR semantic
if you'd like to get one.