>       - (if really necessary) in Appendix, talk about mixed mode node,
>         and benefits/caveats/pitfalls in doing so.  even if we do not write
>         it up, vendors will do it anyways so my preference is not to mention
>         mixed mode at all.

If folks have already built such things or are thinking about building them
I think we need to write down at least as much necessary for the ND
protocol to still interoperate with those boxes. Thus I don't think
we need to write down how to make such boxes "work" in general,
but we do need to write down how they should act on the
interfaces on which they prentend to be a router and on the interfaces
on which they pretend to be hosts as it pertains to the ND messages
that are sent and received.

  Erik