> >    - (if really necessary) in Appendix, talk about mixed mode node,
 > >      and benefits/caveats/pitfalls in doing so.  even if
 > we do not write
 > >      it up, vendors will do it anyways so my preference is
 > not to mention
 > >      mixed mode at all.
 >
 > If folks have already built such things or are thinking
 > about building them
 > I think we need to write down at least as much necessary for the ND
 > protocol to still interoperate with those boxes. Thus I don't think
 > we need to write down how to make such boxes "work" in general,
 > but we do need to write down how they should act on the
 > interfaces on which they prentend to be a router and on the
 > interfaces
 > on which they pretend to be hosts as it pertains to the ND messages
 > that are sent and received.

=> I agree with this approach. I don't think we need to
get into further details in 2461bis.

Hesham

 >   Erik

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.