> This is all just adding superfluous text to an already 90+ page document.
> Again what implementer or customer have you found that has noted a problem.
> Or we just masturbating RFC 2461 again out of boredom.  We have so much work
> to do in the IETF here and elsewhere I don't get why this is a good use of
> our email time or WG time when nothing is broken.

Jinmei seemed to say that he was concerned that folks have or will
misinterpret the meaning of a non-advertising interface on a router.
If this is indeed the case (and I trust Jinmei had a reason to bring it
up) I don't see any harm in clarifying this.

Or did your "this" refer to something other than the email to which you
replied?

    Erik