> How about a compromise that makes it clear that
>  - isRouter and all other ND configuration and state is per interface
>    thus there is nothing in the specification which prevents a node
>    being a host on some interfaces and a router on other interfaces.
>    The behavior of such nodes on a particular interface is specified
>    in this document.
>  - the details of how such nodes work across interfaces i.e. how the node
>    determines which interfaces forward packets between each other etc
>    are out of scope for the document.

If the "details" is limited to non-ND issues like forwarding stuff, I
can live with this compromise.  (I still prefer the "simplest" way,
but I also admit the opinions may vary on this.)

However, I still want to have detailed clarifications on ND-related
implications on this, including the ones I pointed out in a separate
message:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg02912.html

Otherwise, the implementors (including myself!) will soon wonder how
we should implement this, and I believe it's irresponsible for spec
writers to just say "it's out of scope of this doc" if they dare to
open Pandora's box.

BTW: if we take this compromise, do you also want to take similar
approach in rfc2462bis?

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.