>> Wait a minute...what's the source on why you think "the spec already
>> allows for this"?

> => You cut Erik's text which I thought you agreed with, well, the spec
> does anyway:

>       Why? Per RFC 2461 the per router list is per interface.
>       There is an issue for the implementations (probably all
> implementations)
>       which have a per-node default router list, but from the perspective
>       of the RFC 2461 specification it has already punted on all aspects of
>       multi-interfaced hosts.

My point here is that just because RFC2461 requires the default router
list to be per-interface basis cannot be the reason why it allows the
"mixed" host-router behavior.  It just means a multi-interface "host"
should manage the default router list per interface basis.

>  (And I'm feeling I'm a bit confused about what
>> "this" exactly means).

> => "This" was referring to your suggestion to make sure that we
> state a mixed node can still receive RAs on the "host" interface.

Understood.  Then we first need to make a decision on the more
fundamental point: whether we should allow the "mixed" behavior in
rfc2461bis.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.