OK. But no promise about when.

I think we will have to leave existing IANA assignments in place,
but I will think a bit more about that.

  Brian

Bob Hinden wrote:
Brian,

Without really thinking about it, and with my OSI knowledge having
ten years' rust on it, it seems to me that port numbers belong in
the TSAP address, not the NSAP address. But since I have no idea
why anyone would care, I'd prefer that we simply downgrade the
RFC and forget about. Could I ask whether the WG would support
that? If so the chairs could request the IESG to do it.

I would also support doing this. I think a good next step would be for you to write a short ID (e.g., Reclassification of IPV6 NSAP Addresses to Historic) with a little background and IANA instructions.

Thanks,
Bob