Hi, thanks for the prompt response.

> I hope that there has been some clarifcation.

Yes, it helped, but I'm still not sure if I understand the entire
point...

> I was concerned that M|O could be used to
> invoke DHCP information-requests
> (rather than just O).

Are you saying that if the host receives an RA with the both M and O
flags being set it could invoke both RFC3315 and RFC3736 with the
proposed policy (or even could invoke RFC3736 only)?  This is not
correct: the draft says in section 5.0 that

       Case: M=ON and O=ON

       Scenario 7: If M-Policy is 1 or 2

       The host invokes Stateful DHCPv6 and does not invoke Stateless
       DHCPv6 regardless of O-Policy.

In general, the proposed approach separately defines two policy
variables (M and O) corresponding to the RA's M and O flags,
respectively, but it also considers inter-relationship between the two
policies / two flag values like this case.

Does this basic approach address your concern, or are you worrying
about this approach itself?

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.