I have a silly question below.
(B
(B > I now feel I get understanding the point...to make it sure,
(B > let me try
(B > to rephrase that.
(B >
(B > Assume we have a "stateful" DHCPv6 server (that implements RFC3315)
(B > running.  The server should support both
(B > Solicit/Advertise/Request/Reply(/and Renew) and
(B > Information-request/Reply exchanges.
(B >
(B > Then the administrator would send Router Advertisement with
(B > the M flag
(B > being ON and the O flag being OFF.  (The O flag is OFF since there is
(B > no server that only supports RFC3736).
(B
(B=> Couldn't the admin turn on the O flag in this case too?
(BThe host doesn't know which RFC the server supports so
(BI don't see what harm will be done if the O flag is turned on
(Bindependently of the setting of the M flag.
(B
(B > Now consider a host that only implements (the client side
(B > of) RFC3736,
(B > configures global addresses via stateless address autoconfiguration
(B > (assuming the RAs provide global prefixes for this), and wants to
(B > configure recursive DNS server addresses using RFC3736.  However,
(B > since the O flag is OFF in advertised RAs, the host would not be able
(B > to invoke the RFC3736 procedure and therefore cannot configure DNS
(B > server addresses.  This should be a suboptimal scenario.
(B
(B=> Right, but there is no need to have the O flag off. To me RFC 3736 is
(Bsomething useful for server vendors and should not be associated with
(Bsetting the O flag.
(B
(BHesham
(B
(B===========================================================
(BThis email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
(B of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
(B prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
(B and delete all copies.
(B
(B
(BIETF IPv6 working group mailing list