>> Basically, I don't have a strong opinion on this.  As you mentioned,
>> this is, even if justified, a very minor optimization (in fact, I
>> even don't know of a router implementation that supports and does
>> unicast RAs).  So, I'm basically not interested in using the
>> optimization in our own implementation.

> Radvd supports unicast RAs.

> The value of this becomes greater if you're performing DNA,
> and only want to send one packet on the link (an RS).
> Particularly when you're optimizing the delivery of RAs,
> multicast packet delivery may not be an option.

> The chance for updating the NCE to reachable through upper layer
> packet reception is high though, if a router is adopted, so this
> is just an optimization.

> If there's value in this, we can either look at it here (it looks
> small, self contained), or talk about it in DNA WG.

(I'm not sure if I was expected to make a response, but just in case)

As I said in the previous message, I'm not particularly interested in
this optimization, but I won't oppose to introducing that if others
want to do so.  So, please just go ahead if you want.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.