(Just for easy tracking of this thread, I am slighly changing the subject)

As I described in this draft, 3736 is definitely subset of 3315, thus,
a host implementing 3315 can do both or either Stateful DHCPv6
for configuring the IPv6 address and Stateless DHCPv6 for the other
information. Also M=1/O=0 can be invalid state based on admin policy.
However, originally we tried to propose what scenarios with M/O flags
were possible. It means that we did not enforce any specific scenario
in this document because it can be easily done by admin policy.
Thus, I (personally) would keep this combination in valid state.

Besides, as jinmei indicated earlier as editor of 2462bis, M flag (ON)
indicated that the host (should) use the stateful protocol for address
autoconfiguration. This should mean the M flag (ON) indicates
Solicit/Advertise/Request/Reply.

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Lab. Samsung Electronics.