> I disagree with the "host should use" part of this statement. We reached
> a consensus on this point in previous discussion. The consensus is "the
> M=1 flag indicates that the host MAY use the stateful protocol for
> address autoconfiguration" -- i.e., that this protocol is available
> should the host decide to use it.

Yes, so this draft says as below;

M/O flags *indicate* whether the Stateful/Stateless DHCPv6 protocol
services are available, but they *should not be used* as triggers to
invoke the Stateful/Stateless DHCPv6 autoconfiguration protocols.

I am sure what I concern is same as yours.

Regards.

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Lab. Samsung Electronics.