From: Christian Huitema [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 12:30 PM
To: Francis Dupont; Soliman, Hesham
Cc: Brian Haberman; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: AH and flow label

The suggestions of making the flow label immutable and protecting it by
AH look like bad ideas. The 20 bits in the "flow label" are the only
reserved bits in the header. These bits should be available for future
innovation. If we make them strictly immutable, how will we able to
create something like ECN in the future?

-- Christian Huitema

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.