> => it should be good to get more infos because AH itself is subject
> to calls for deprecation based on the facts ESP can be used in place
> of it in most cases and AH is not very used...

If AH is not heavily used today (or used at all), then why is there a
backward compatibility issue with modifying it to protect the flow label?
And, if AH may potentially be deprecated in the near future, then what is
the point of discussing whether to add protection for the flow label in the
first place?

One of the original applications for AH was security for RFC 2461, but,
after trying that, SEND found out it didn't work and a different solution
was adopted. Current applications for ESP are easy to identify, example:
VPNs. Future applications are also, example: Mobile IPv6. What are the
compelling current and future applications for AH? Note that I am not trying
to disparage AH, but rather I'm looking for some practical justification for
this thread.

            jak