Hi,

  I have the following query regarding IPv6 Over ATM PVC operation (rfc2492).

  I would appreciate if someone could answer the same.

 Query –

=====

RFC does not clearly mention what to fill as the Source/Target

Link Layer address in the Source/Target Link Layer options

of IND (Inverse ND) messages.

Also, there is no mention of any reference document which

covers the same.

All that is said is [Section 3. PVC Environments] –

“Since ATM PVC links do not use link-layer addresses, the link-layer

address options SHOULD not be included in any ND message [11].  If a

link-layer address option is present in an ND message, then the

option SHOULD be ignored.”

Does this mean that we zero fill the Link Layer address in Source/Target

Link Layer options of the IND messages?

This information must be clearly mentioned to avoid interoperability issues.

Thanks for your time,

Rgds,

arvind