>       This begins a 2 week IPv6 working group last call on recycling:

>       Title           : Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6)
>       Author(s)       : T. Narten, et al.
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-01.txt
>       Pages   : 86
>       Date            : 2004-10-29

> at Draft Standard.  Substantive comments should be directed to
> the mailing list.  Editorial comments can be sent to the document
> editor.  This last call will end on 11/15/2004.

I've not gone through the entire document (it's so huge...), but I'd
like to make some points at this moment.

1. as we've seen in the AD comments on rfc2462bis, the confusing
   wording "stateful" will be an issue in rfc2461bis, too.  If we
   adopt the same consensus we've reached in the rfc2462bis
   discussion, we'll have to remove the phrase of "stateful", and just
   use DHCPv6 wherever appropriate.  In particular, we'll have to
   rename the name of the "O" flag of RA, which is currently called
   "Other stateful configuration" flag.

2. according to the recent consensus on the M/O flag in the rfc2462bis
   discussion, references to [ADDRCONF] (= rfc2462bis) regarding the
   M/O flags will be inappropriate.  Possible resolutions would
   include:

   A: move descriptions of these flags to the newly-adopted "M/O flag
      consideration" document as will be done in rfc2462bis.
   B: replace the references to [ADDRCONF] regarding the M/O flags
      with references to the new "M/O" document.  We'll then need to
      consider a reference dependency issue.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.