Brian Haberman wrote:

I don't see this as being specific to ULAs.  As the above referenced
draft points out, this can happen with a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

We have RFC 3484 which rationalizes the choice between IPv4 and IPv6 and as long as those are all global addresses the intent is that they all be reachable. ULAs are designed to be unreachable from the most part of the Internet. Thus the probability of trouble is very different.

It happens today with a mix of global IPv4 addresses and net 10 addresses
being associated with the same name.

Did you really mean IPv4 and not IPv6?

I've never seen a box that has had a net 10 *and* a global IPv4 address assigned to the same interface, but boxes with a ULA and a global IPv6 address on the same interface might become very common.

   Erik