> Hi Mark,
>
> >     Thats why I said the DNS section was a "cop out".  The DNS
> >     information hadn't been collected, distilled and put on
> >     paper.  I attempted to do that.
> >
> >     * Don't publish ambigious addresses global.
> >     * It is unwise (but not wrong) to publish unreachable addresses.
> >     * Don't let reverse queries for private address space leak.
> >       That it is common to leak the private net next to you and
> >       you should stop that as well as what you are using.
> >     * That you can the apex of the reverse zone for private space
> >       to create your own deleation tree (e.g. 10.in-addr.arpa,
> >       168.192.in-addr.arpa) and not have to slave all the reverse
> >       zones everywhere.
>
> I agree that it would be good to document this information, but there
> are three reasons why I personally don't think that the ULA document
> is the right place to do this:
>
> (1) This is operational information, not part of the specification of
> these addresses, so it would be better published in a BCP.

        Then remove all the other operational content.  Saying
        prefixes should be advertised / filtered is as much operational
        content as saying what should and should not be advertised
        in the DNS.

        What I said was specific to ULAs with different constraints on
        both types of ULA.

> (2) The IPv6 WG is not the best group to make broad statements about
> what should/should not be included in the global DNS.  The dnsop WG
> would be a better place for this work.

        Well run it past DNSOPS/DNSEXT.  As far as I can see this
        was never refered to either group.  You have my options
        from such a referral.

> (3) The ULA document has already passed IETF LC and is in the IESG.
> It should be re-opened for by the WG for critical technical flaws at
> this point, so I don't think it makes sense to use this document as a
> vehicle for publishing general information about how to handle local
> addresses in the DNS.

        It is a critical flaw not to say how to prevent excessive load
        on critical parts of the global DNS infrastucture.