Jeroen Massar wrote:
> It is indeed in POSIX, but why don't admit that it is a mistake to have
> it? I though that it was a great idea too, until the Windows
> implementation came out that does not and cannot support it due to it's
> separate stacks.

That separation was a point in time implementation choice that is likely to
change in other versions of the OS. The split stack implementation by itself
does not preclude the right thing from happening through either a shim or
direct binding between the stacks, but by default there is no path.

None of this or any other individual vendor's implementation choice affects
the value of the idea. The only thing those affect are the implementation
effort required for the app developer. Getting rid of a good idea does not
make the app developer's job any easier; it just ensures that everyone has
to go through the same level of pain. Taking it out is a bad idea.

Tony