Ron,

Thanks for doing this and this permits us to discuss it simply :--).
Response on your matrix via my interpretation as implementer, no comment
on your needs and appreciate you sharing that here big time, I find it
very useful.  Thanks.

> There are nine scenarios, right?
>
> 1) RA w/auto-conf, M off, O off

Stateful is not being requested by the site or admin.  No requirement to
use it.

> 2) RA w/auto-conf, M on, O off

use stateful and other configurations available.

> 3) RA w/auto-conf, M off, O on

use other configurations only.

> 4) RA w/auto-conf, M on, O on

Same as #2 is my view.

> 5) RA w/o auto-conf, M off, O off
> 6) RA w/o auto-conf, M on, O off
> 7) RA w/o auto-conf, M off, O on
> 8) RA w/o auto-conf, M on, O on

My read is if auto-conf off then these bits are invalid and stateless is
default.

> 9) No RA

Your lost and not connected have it your way :--)  Use link-local :--)

thanks
/jim