> We agree to go more liberal when we set the current policy.
> But I still believe that starting of allocating /2x size
> to requesting ISPs who has nothing but only because they
> have IPv4 customer is, I think, too far liberal.
> Is this the sound model that ISP never come back to RIR
> for sub-allocation? Is this not against the basics of
> address allocation that address provides when it is needed?

there has been a long history of the ivtf v6 designers' view of
the operational/social issues.  essentially, it is based on a
belief that the internet is severely hampered by users having
to go to evil isps for ip space, isps having to go to evil rirs
for address space, and recently, rirs having to go to the evil
iana for address space.  if only ip address space was freely
available without any operational administratriva, ipv6 would
be wildly successful and the world would be saved.

personally, i am most enamored of the next-stage model, where
isps do not have to actually have all those messy circuits to
be able to deliver packets.

randy