Tim - my memory is also that the discussion tapered off without a
conclusion.

I do remember getting a summary e-mail from Bob and Brian (ipv6 WG
chairs) about "no consensus for changing M/O bits at this point" (but I
can't locate that e-mail); however, my memory of the discussion is that
there were two interleaved discussions: (1) improve documentation of
what was in the RFC 246[012] specs and (2) consider changes
(improvements) to spec for M/O bits and DHCPv6.  So, I'm unclear about
any conclusions...

I've included the ipv6 WG chairs and the authors of draft-ietf-ipv6-ra-
mo-flags-01.txt in the CC: list; can any of you clarify the resolution
of the discussion, and should the discussion appear on the ipv6 or dhc
(or both) WG agendas?

- Ralph