It was unfortunate we happened to concentrate on 'requirement 3' in
today's discussion...whether or not the motivation behind the
'requirement', it's definitely a minor point, compared to requirement
1 (see below).  In that sense, I agree that the requirement 1 is the
'real requirement'.

So, can we now concentrate on requirement 1 (see below also), rather
than playing with 'requirement 3' further?  If we reach consensus on
requirement 1, then it will likely solve issues around requirement 3
(if any) automatically.

I think the major points are:
  a. whether we need the 2 bits or 1 bit is just enough
  b. how strict we should be about the case where the flag(s) is OFF
     (say MUST NOT invoke DHCPv6, say SHOULD NOT invoke DHCPv6, just
     make informative note without RFC2119 keywords, others...?)

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]