In your previous mail you wrote:

   In a managed DHC environment, privacy addresses can be returned by DHCPv6
   for client use, but my reading of RFC3315 suggests (section 12) that the
   request is client initiated, which implies there should/could be some policy
   that could be distributed by DHCP itself to hint to the client that it can
   make the request.

   I appreciate Keith's point that per-application (non) usage may also be
   desirable, but there is an API being proposed for that?  It should probably
   have some relationship to the site policy though?

=> this point is supposed to be solved by RFC 3484 and related APIs but:
 - the private/public address switch (rule 7)  is not in the policy table
 - related APIs assume that every applications were changed in order to
   use them (so they are nearly useless).

Regards