> > I choose not to try to get to the mic, but on the debated
> > requirement point
> > 3; why is there a belief that the DHCP relay information is correctly
> > configured if the simpler set of 2 bits is improperly configured?
>
> I think a case can be made for the notion that most routers and most
> networks don't implement the bits today, so seeing MO==00 doesn't
> really authoratively say there is no DHCP service, but just that the
> routers operate in a default configuration.

Does this mean that the current implementations always do the DHCPv6
irrespective of the bits?

> So it would be useful to redefine MO==00 to mean "no opinion" and
> come up with a new value that indicates authoritative information
> that DHCPv6 is unavailable and/or shouldn't be used.

If we define the 00=No Opinion, then we may need to use 11 to convey
unavailability of DHCPv6, may not be good symantics.

If we agree that we need to convey 'availability', 'unavailability' and
'no opinion; then how about the following combination

M    O

0      0     -  DHCPv6 Not avaialble
0      1     -  Only DHCP6v lite
1      0     -  Full DHCPv6
1      1     -  No opinion (router does not know if the DHCPv6 avaialble or not)

-Syam