RFC 3484, and implementations thereof, allows for a sysadmin to
configure address selection policy on a single host. I think this is
useful, and I suppose also the wg since the RFC was published. One
typical example might be preferring IPv4 over IPv6.

If I as a site administrator want all the hosts at my site to prefer
IPv4 over IPv6, I need to distribute that policy to all of them. I
hope you can understand the need for that. In that case, I think we
should try to look for possible solutions. Some applications might
want to specify their own particular behaviour, but I see several
reasons why an administrator may want to specify a default.

Using DHCP may be one solution. The only alternative available today,
is to log into every single host and run each host's OS specific
commands to change the policy. This might work for hosts that are
centrally administrated at that site. It would not work for hosts
visiting that network or under different management.

Do you agree this is something that should be solved? It's probably
a good idea to discuss that before going into particular solutions.

Stig