Sorry for my late comment.
This is what I told Tim after dhc session, though.

On 2005/08/03, at 16:33, Francis Dupont wrote:

>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>    In a managed DHC environment, privacy addresses can be returned by DHCPv6
>    for client use, but my reading of RFC3315 suggests (section 12) that the
>    request is client initiated, which implies there should/could be some
> policy
>    that could be distributed by DHCP itself to hint to the client that it can
>    make the request.
>
>    I appreciate Keith's point that per-application (non) usage may also be
>    desirable, but there is an API being proposed for that?  It should probably
>    have some relationship to the site policy though?
>
> => this point is supposed to be solved by RFC 3484 and related APIs but:
>  - the private/public address switch (rule 7)  is not in the policy table
>  - related APIs assume that every applications were changed in order to
>    use them (so they are nearly useless).
>
> Regards

Of course, the privacy/public address switch isn't in the policy table,
you can control it by configuring policy table in not a beautiful way.

It's too simple. Just put a privacy address with 128-bit prefix-len
into the policy table.

Prefix                     Prec Label
2001:db8:1:1:a:b:c:d/128   1    1      <-- privacy address
2001:db8:1:1::/64          10   2
::/0                       10   2

In this case, the privacy address won't be used anymore to any dst by
default address selection.

Alternatively, you can specify public address with 128-bit prefix-len
and can prioritize public address over privacy one, or vice versa.

Prefix                     Prec Label
2001:db8:1:1:a:b:c:d/128   10   2      <-- public address
2001:db8:1:1::/64          1    1
::/0                       10   2

In this case, the privacy address will be used to connect to the hosts
on the same link, though.

As a privacy address is re-generated periodically, the policy table has
to be updated accordingly in the former case.

--
Arifumi Matsumoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Ubiquitous Computing Project