The reason I am asking is because if the respective NCE cannot be overidden with the NA LLA content (sent from the node), then how will the AR 'remember' which LLA to map to when there is traffic destined downstream for the node..?

also

Nick 'Sharkey' Moore wrote:
On 2005-09-02, Theodoros Pagtzis wrote:

Having read the oDAD draft spec and in search of an answer would it be possible if somebody can give assist with the following question?

If the MN has not sent its link-layer address (LLA) in the Neighbour Solicitation (NS) how does the AR know the LLA of the host to forward downstream DURING the DAD resolution period (i.e. 1000ms)?

Hi Theo,

        the AR simply sends an NS (from its unicast address) to the host,

when you say to the 'host' do you mean the solicited-nodes multicast address or the unicast address of the host? This is a bit unclear from the spec.

Also can you see a potential denial of service attack if the node decides to change optimistically its address continuously?

thanks
t.

--
theo