Agreed.

--Jari

Pekka Savola wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Pashby, Ronald W CTR NSWCDD-B35 wrote:

Yes, but that is experimental so it is not mandatory to implement either. So, again I say there is no mandatory way in which a network management application can reliably discover IPv6 networks. This is why the draft recommends making IND mandatory.

Yes, so we get back to the main point. It's not really the IETF's business to mandate or not mandate certain protocols for implementation. If you put it as a requirement in your CFF's, you're likely going to get a better response.

In other words, if you can convince the vendors and other users that a feature is really useful, it's going to be implemented... if you can't, then it's probably better than an IETF mandate which the vendors can (and _do_) ignore in any case.