I agree with the questions Tim and Alain brought up. How is this text,
only slightly changed (asterisks mark the changes):

>     M :
>         1-bit "Managed address configuration" flag.  When
>         set, it indicates that addresses are available via
>         Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCPv6], *for*
>         addresses that were not configured via stateless
>         address autoconfiguration *or other means*.  Clients
>         SHOULD use DHC to obtain addresses (and associated
>         configuration information) as described in [ADDRCONF].
>         Note that when the M bit is set, the setting of the
>         O bit is irrelevant, since the DHC server will return
>         "other" configuration information together with
>         addresses. *If the M bit is set, clients MAY(?) [or
>         SHOULD(?)] use DHC to set addresses that are not
>         autoconfigured.*
>
>     O :
>         1-bit "Other configuration" flag.  When set, it
>         indicates that [DHCPv6lite] is available for
>         autoconfiguration of other (non-address) information.
>         Examples of such information are DNS-related
>         information or information on other servers within
>         the network. When set,
>          - If the M bit is also set, *proceed as described
>         above.*
>          - If the M bit is not set, clients SHOULD use DHC
>         LITE as described in RFC3736 to obtain "other"
>         configuration information, *and may use address
>         autoconfiguration or static assignments to set IP
>         addresses*.
>
>     If M and O are not set, clients SHOULD NOT request any
>     information with DHC.

It seems unnecessary to repeat what to do if M = 1 in both the M and the
O paragraphs. I think we need to differentiate between DHC and DHC, when
the latter refers to stateless DHC. And it might help to give examples
of how addresses should be set if DHCP is not available for that.

Bert