The problem with the above solution is that is assume that all hosts
on the same link should be configured with the same policy,
Either all DHCP or all stateless autoconf.

If on a link I have a number of servers and a number of client PCs,
I may want to let the PC use stateless autoconf and force the servers
to use DHCP.

> In fact, it would be good to be a bit more specific about the
> expected behavior when both auto-conf and DHCP are allowed
> (both M and A bits).
> Is the host expected to auto-allocate an address and then
> confirm it through DHCP? Does it use the union of DHCP and
> auto-config? What about privacy addresses?

I agree. See my previous mail.

   - Alain.